President Nana Akufo-Addo has fulfilled requirement of Article 76 (1) by nominating 19 Ministers to form his cabinet for his second term.
The Speaker of Parliament Rt. Hon Alban Kingsford Sumana Bagbin announced this on the floor of the House in a communication received from the President.
They are as follow:
- Ken Ofori-Atta – Minister of Finance:
- Alan Kwadwo Kyerematen – Trade and Industry;
- Dominic Nitiwul – Defence;
- Ambrose Dery – Interior;
- Shirley Ayorkor Botchey – Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration;
- Godfred Yeboah Dame – Attorney-General and Justice;
- Owusu Afriyie Akoto – Food and Agriculture;
- Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh – Energy;
- Yaw Osei Adutwum – Education;
- Kwaku Agyeman Manu – Health;
- Osei-Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu – Parliamentary Affairs;
- Daniel Kwaku Botwe – Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development.
The others are
- Samuel Abdulai Jinapor – Lands and Natural Resources;
- Cecilia Abena Dapaah – Sanitation and Water Resources;
- John Peter Amewu – Railways Development;
- Ignatius Baffour Awuah – Employment and Labour Relations;
- Mavis Hawa Koomson – Fisheries and Aquaculture;
- Ibrahim Awal Mohammed – Tourism Arts and Culture;
- Francis Asenso-Boakye – Works and Housing.
The speaker also stated that the president also met all requirements as specified in the constitution having nominated 12 out of the 19 cabinet Ministers from Parliament.